As our community continues to feel the increasing impact of the coronavirus, we want to share with you what we are doing to keep our guests and associates healthy and safe. Please be assured that keeping our team and the communities we serve safe is our priority.
At this time we remain open during business hours and have staffed for appropriate response to your needs. Here are the steps we are taking to ensure that any risk is minimized during this time:
- When caring for your loved one, we will continue to adhere to universal precautions.
- Our facilities, equipment and vehicles will be thoroughly cleaned and disinfected after each use.
- We can assist you with funeral arrangements in designated arrangement offices or by using communication tools such as Skype, Zoom, Facetime and/or email.
On Saturday June 13, 2020, the Bereavement Authority of Ontario announced the new funeral restrictions. The former maximum of 10 people in attendance at a visitation and service is now based on a space percentage capacity. We can now accommodate a 30% capacity for indoor funerals and 50 attendees for outdoor services.
To assist you in considering if these numbers meet your family’s needs, we can confirm the following for each of our 4 locations:
- Our Garden Chapel located at 3440 Richmond Rd in Nepean has an Outdoor Chapel to host 50 and our Indoor Chapel which at 30% capacity can also accommodate 50.
- The Westboro Indoor Chapel, located at 403 Richmond Rd in the Westboro village can accommodate 40.
- The Kars Indoor Chapel, 1610 Roger Stevens Drive in Kars & The Carp Indoor Chapel, 115 Rivington Street in Carp can both accommodate 35.
In addition to these changes, the Tubman Team also announces that we are now fully equipped to host drive-thru visitations and services for very large groups. See below for the document with guidelines for these services.